Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Dirty Diaper Analogy


It's been almost a week since I've changed a dirty diaper and I'm LOVING IT! It's like being 16 and on Summer vacation. Every morning I wake up is filled with hope and excitement of what today will bring. But deep down there's that nagging fear that at any moment your mom is going to get tired of seeing you lay around on the couch and spending your days carefree and happy so she gives you some manual labor chore like cleaning out the garage or building a guest house just to watch you sweat. If she's working every day the least you can do as a freeloading dependent is hide your summertime joy a little better. 

Every day I wake up still beaming from yesterday's potty accomplishments and praying that they can be duplicated. But deep down that nagging feeling is there that Morgan will get tired of seeing me celebrate every diaper that I DON'T have to change and she'll orchestrate an accident or she'll just not quite make it to the potty this time. And she'll do it to remind me of the power she has over me. The power to make me sweat....and gag. After all, if she has to put in all the work of using the potty every time she has an urge then the least I can do is hide my diaper-free joy a little better.

And believe me I'll walk around this house looking depressed if it'll keep her shi mess in the toilet where it belongs. WHATEVER it takes!



2 comments: