Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Agree 2 Disagree

The other day The Wife told me about how her grandmother would get upset whenever The Wife would challenge anything her grandmother would say. Her grandmother's response; "Stop contradicting me!"

I'm almost certain that as a child I've heard something similar a few times, but probably not in such blog friendly terms. I guess as an intelligent, inquisitive, strong willed child, I figured why not give my opinion on the current state of affairs? And apparently The Wife was the same kind of kid.

Anybody see where I'm going with this?

If one intelligent, inquisitive, strong-willed child grows up and goes to college and meets another intelligent, inquisitive, strong-willed child and they get married and make babies, things could get volatile in that household. Needless to say, ever since The Wife told me the story, I've found myself in plenty situations when I've wanted to wring someone's neck! yell "Stop contradicting me!" And here are just a few of those situations....TODAY.

Zari: Can we go outside daddy?
Me: It's raining.
Zari: No it's not.


Me: Morgan do you have to potty?
Morgan: No.
Me: You sure? You drank 2 whole cups of apple juice.
Morgan: No I didn't.


Zari: Daddy you should give us chocolate milk
Me: You didn't finish your lunch so no I shouldn't
Zari: Yes you should
Me: No I shouldn't
Zari: (singing)Yes you should
(Repeat)


Me: Zari you can't steer the bike if you don't keep your hands on the handlebars
Zari: Yes I can
Me: Okaaaay
(CRASH)
Me: I told you
Zari: No you didn't.

"STOP CONTRADICTING ME!"  #please






No comments:

Post a Comment