Monday, March 4, 2013

Today's Rant: Breathing Room

I've realized that whenever I start a sentence with "I really love my girls" it usually means that I'm about to complain about something that I probably shouldn't be complaining about. It's like my brain throws in the disclaimer to soften the blow of what my mouth is about to say.

So with that being said...I really love my girls BUT...

For the life of me I cannot figure out why they act like they can't be in a room without mommy or daddy for more than 3 minutes. I mean we (mommy, daddy, grandparents, great grandparents, uncles, godfather, etc.) do a lot to make sure they have the toys, games, books and everything else they need to entertain themselves adequately and yet you would rather sit on my lap and talk about our dog eating bugs while I'm trying to watch Game of Thrones? It's hard enough to understand what these characters are saying as it is. If you're playing in the living room and mommy accidentally pokes her head in and you catch her...HER bad. Because now you're following her wherever she goes until she can shake you. It's crazy.

But many people have told us to enjoy it while it lasts because the day will come when we'll be the ones following you around trying to sneak in a little quality time while you avoid us like Jehovah's Witnesses. But when I'm in the bathroom handling private business and you're banging on the door to ask me why it gets dark at night time, that day feels light years away.

But I really love my girls ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment