Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fairweather

Morgan got a little rambunctious during lunch the other day so I had to send her to sit in her room...

...alone

...with no television.

Five minutes later as we sat in the kitchen listening to her best impression of someone really crying, Zari jumps up from her seat and her unfinished lunch and says,

Zari: "Daddy I have to go check on my sister"

Me: "No you don't, sit down."

Zari: "But daddy I have to make sure she's okay"

Me: "All you have to do is sit down and finish your lunch."

And as she steadily takes small steps closer and closer towards the doorway,

Zari: "But that's what good big sisters do, they check on their little sisters when they get in trouble."

Me: "Well if you don't sit down and finish your lunch, she's not going to be the only one in trouble"

And just like that, she turned back towards her lunch as if she had no idea what had come over her and said,

Zari: "Well, I think she'll be okay. I don't know why she acted like that daddy."

Lol. #Fairweather

No comments:

Post a Comment