Monday, April 29, 2013

Daddy Magic



It was like a sucker punch straight to the gut. She said...
"Found it Daddy. Your Daddy magic is gone."

WHAT?!

How dare she. There I was performing the same rinky dink magic (but not really) trick I always did when she asked. I put the little squishy ball in my right hand, distract her with my left and then throw the ball behind the couch while she's not looking. Works like a charm.

Well, it used to.

But this time not only did she NOT fall for the distraction but she kept a very close eye on my right hand watching its every move. Finally I managed to distract her by making her laugh and she closed her eyes just long enough for me to get rid of the ball. But instead of her being amazed when I opened my right hand, she says...

"Okay, now bring it back."

WHAT?!

She never asked me to do that before. Now what? But before I could even respond that's when she walked to the back of the couch, found the ball, brought it back to me and said...

"Found it. Your Daddy magic is gone."

Now I don't know if there's a conspiracy in the house and maybe I've been ratted out by her mother but this won't stand. No self respecting Dad wants to hear those words...

"Your Daddy magic is gone."

Time to buy a magic book and get my Daddy magic back. The nerve of some little people.

1 comment: