Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Body Is A Temple

(That's me.......for real.)
 
I don't want to toot my own horn but in my prime I was a pretty decent physical specimen (toot toot) but time caught up with me and before I knew it, one missed workout here, an extra serving of Mama's Mac-n-cheese there, and all of a sudden I'm adding new notches to my belt (literally).

Needless to say I got my ass in gear and made am making some changes. Domestication and Netflix have a lot to do with my motivation. Now I'm back on track and here are ten reasons to NOT fall off the rails again (in no particular order):


1  I remember when we were dating, my wife would peek while I got dressed/undressed. Now she looks away or leaves the room.

2  I have to live long enough so that one day these girls will have to take care of me. The best way to achieve vindication for all the dirty diapers, crying and emotional abuse is to make them deal with dirty diapers, crying and emotional abuse. It's the only way I'll ever feel like I got "payback".

3  The Zombie Apocalypse! (The Walking Dead version - watch)

4  "Approximately 41 percent of African American males have nearly double the incidence of high blood pressure/heart disease, compared to their Caucasian counterparts," ~ www.Heart.org

5  If the world gets hit by a giant asteroid like in the movies Deep Impact or Armageddon and humanity has to race to high ground, I'm making sure this family gets a spot on dry land.

6  When Zari is 17, I'll be 50! I have to make sure I can be at least a little physically intimidating to any knuckleheads that might ring our doorbell looking for her.

7  When Morgan is 17, I'll be 52! I have to make sure I can be at least a little physically intimidating to any knuckleheads that might ring our doorbell looking for her.

8  Global Warming. At the rate we're going now, super tornadoes, monster blizzards, tsunamis, volcano eruptions, and flash floods, etc. will be "normal" one day. It's going to take a lot of strength, speed, and agility to navigate through all of that. Thank you P90X.

9  The Zombie Apocalypse! (The 28 Weeks Later version - watch)

10  Skynet will wake up and the machines will take over. Don't laugh. One day your fancy phone that you love so much because it can do EVERYTHING is going to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Then what? I'm just saying. Better prepared.




No comments:

Post a Comment