Monday, May 13, 2013

A Hiccup Scenario

So last night somehow I found a quiet corner of the house and tried to catch up on my reading (nothing deep, The Walking Dead Book 4) and as usual, right on cue, here SHE comes with another emergency.

Zari: Daddy!
Me: What?!
Zari: I have the hiccups! What do I do?

(I'm thinking, I have to teach her the difference between an emergency and an annoyance).

Me: Umm, stand on your head.
(She tries to stand on her head. Funniest 2 minutes of my day)

Zari: It didn't work.
Me: Okay, try running around in circles.
(So I'm making stuff up, but she doesn't know that)

Zari: It didn't work but I'm dizzy silly.
(She's the one that just ran around in circles for 5 minutes but I'm silly?)

Me: Okay, let me scare you.
Zari: No.
Me: You have to let me scare you and the hiccups will go away.
Zari: No way Jose.
Me: Your grandma used to do it to me all the time and it worked.
(Lies. But it's amazing what a kid will do if you tell them "grandma used to do it")
Zari: Okay.

(She closes her eyes and I wait ten seconds and yell BOO! And she actually jumps. But...)

Zari: That didn't work daddy.
Me: Well I don't know what to tell you baby. Suck it up.
Zari: But daddy I want the hiccups gone!
Me: Well, you could stop talking. That might make them go away.
Zari: Stop talking? How long?
Me: Until they're gone.

Zari: Um, thanks Daddy.
(walking away)
Me: Where you going?
Zari: Going to ask Mommy how to stop the hiccups.

Grrrrrrrrrr.......

#LOLMoment       #AndStayOut

No comments:

Post a Comment