Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Got Milk



We've been trying to make the transition from "Moo Cow" (milk), to other healthier alternatives. The girls are drinking soy milk (vanilla and chocolate), I'm drinking Lactaid and mom doesn't drink any of it. But right now we're at that stage where there's a little bit of everything in the fridge including good old fashioned pasteurized cow's milk. So sometimes explaining and/or understanding "which is which" and "who wants what", can get a little confusing for me the girls.


Morgan: Finished my eggs daddy. I want airplane milk.
Me: Is that how you ask for it?
Morgan: Can I have airplane milk please?
Zari: It's not called airplane milk Morgee, it's plain milk.
Morgan: It's airplane milk.
Zari: No, it's just plain milk. Right daddy?
Me: Just plain milk Morgan, or regular.
Morgan: Redjerlur? I want chocolate milk please.
Me: Well we're out of chocolate milk, baby. Mommy or daddy has to buy some more.
Morgan: I want Redjerlur milk please.

So I pour her a small cup of moo cow.

Morgan: Nooo daddy, this not redjerlur!
Me: Yes it is.
Morgan: This is airplane milk. It's white.
Me: I thought that's what you wanted. Do you want vanilla soy milk?
Morgan: Yes, redjerlur, baniyya soy milk.

I pour the vanilla soy and she's happy. Drinks it and runs off to play.

Zari: All done daddy. Can I have vanilla soy milk please?
Me: Yup.

I pour the vanilla soy milk and...

Zari: Daddy, this is not vanilla soy milk, this is brown!
Me: That is vanilla soy milk what are you talking about?
Zari: Vanilla is white, this is brown. Chocolate is brown.

Here comes Morgan.

Morgan: Chocolate? I want chocolate.
Me: It's not chocolate, it's vanilla.
Zari: No it's not.
Me: Yes it is!
Morgan: I want chocolate milk please.
Me: We don't have any.
Zari: Yes we do daddy, right here!
Me: That's vanilla soy milk girl. It's dark white!

They look at me like I'm crazy.

Me: That's vanilla soy milk, (grab the moo cow) this is plain milk and we don't have anymore chocolate milk, okay?
Morgan: Okay.
Me: So which one do you want Zari?
Zari: I want orange juice please.

#Grrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment